The Fashion Crit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Fashion Crit

Critical dialogue about fashion and fashion design. Discussions about collections, business of fash, design history encouraged. Superficial Discussions discouraged.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why I started this Forum

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CHCKTFF
Admin

Why I started this Forum  Empty
PostSubject: Why I started this Forum    Why I started this Forum  EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 1:32 pm

I have requested to join the fashion spot forum, and was denied access - basically because one of their existing members didn't add me. Got me thinking - why would you make a forum exclusive? It only makes the conversation less interesting and more of the same ... If you are interesting in joining a fashion forum, and it is up to invite only … then how curated does that conversation become??? If the idea is to only "invite" like minded people … you're more than likely to "select" people who are just like you, instead of "attracting" like minded people from many diverse backgrounds.

This is my submission and reasoning for wanting to join the fashion spot.

My interests, in general: Conceptual Ideas behind fashion
Evolution of designers into the fashion industry of what exists today
The values designers have (or don't have) and how that is carried into and translated through their collections
Critiquing collections, the industry with like-minded individuals that I haven't been able to meet thus far - making new discoveries
Predictions of the future of fashion
Watching tech in fashion unfold
Culture's role
Interaction and conversation with people who truly care about fashion the way I do - not just as a passing trend, or a cool insta post - as a moment in our cultural history and what it reveals to us. Basically, for that deeper level...
Back to top Go down
https://thefashioncrit.board-directory.net

Why I started this Forum
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Fashion Crit :: Fash :: About-
Jump to: